Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Hobgoblin!

I may be an artist, but I'm also a total comic nerd. Not too big of a surprise. Then again, I'm just a nerd in general, but I digress.
The other day I had an awesome idea for a digital painting involving The Hobgoblin, one of Spider-Man's villains. He's always been one of my favorite Spidey villains and I don't really know why. Maybe because he's clever, but not insane. He's a level-headed Goblin, which is pretty rare to find. I didn't act on the digital painting right when I thought of it though, cuz I had some other things to do. Then I went to my local Borders to get something and found the latest issue of The Amazing Spider-Man, featuring the return of the Hobgoblin! Well, a new one at least.
Immediately becoming more inspired, I started on the digital painting yesterday and just finished it. It's on my website, but I'll post it here at well.


Pretty menacing, eh? I like how it turned out. It's the classic Hobgoblin. Anyway, have a great day everyone! I gotta go back to working on my Sketchbook, took too much of a break to finish this!

No comments:

Post a Comment