Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A REAL post

Yeah, this blog is a pretty sad excuse for one. So it's time for a real entry. Just went to Dragon Con on Sunday and had a GREAT time! It was my first year there, and I already bought my tickets for all four days next year! Got a chance to grab some awesome merch, meet some cool cosplayers, and even got to chat a bit with the famous Todd Lockwood! That was the highlight of the day.

Anyway, so I started a few new projects, and quickly scrapped most of them. I just can't ever seem to get past the rough B/W stage with a painting - I don't know what it is. However, I'm determined to finish this one up:


Cute guy, huh? I love this idea - a giant troll thing with a city on his back. I'll probably cut the image a bit at the bottom and extend it a bit at the top as well, just to give more space to the city area. Anyway, I'm pretty determined to get this piece off the ground, just because it's been really fun to work on so far. I can also do a lot of experimenting with textures and stuff like that.

Well, there ya go. Not much, but better than what I've been posting, right? I'll post some more updates of this piece as it gets further along!

No comments:

Post a Comment